NEIGHBORS HELPING NEIGHBORS KICK-OFF!
Wednesday, November 8th, 2017
4:00pm – 6:00pm at the Recreation Center
- Come to the Recreation Center, beginning November 8th, and sign up for a turkey, dinner, and/or a gift. After November 8th sign-ups will take place at the Recreation Center Activity Desk. Everyone will be asked to provide their name, phone and an e-mail address, should you have one, so a reminder call/e-mail can be made.
- For each gift you will be provided with a tag that indicates the child’s age, sex and clothing size along with some suggested gift items. You need purchase only one gift. Please include a gift receipt with any clothing item. Gift cards can be purchased and are suggested for teenagers. We suggest that each gift not exceed $25.00 and to keep it to one gift per tag.
- A list of foods and associated items to complete a holiday meal will be provided at time of sign-up. This list is just a suggested guideline. Grocery store gift certificates can be purchased in lieu of providing a meal.
- Gather your family, friends, neighbors, club members, co-workers, etc. and go shopping.
- Should you want to provide dinner, gifts or both dinner and gifts for an entire family please contact Bonnie Marron at 815-765-2030 to make arrangements prior to November 8th. The best will be done to accommodate this request, but unfortunately this cannot always be accomplished.
- Wrap the gift and place the provided tag on the gift.
- Bring your donations to the Recreation Center on Saturday, December 16th between 1:00pm and 3:00pm. Everything will be delivered to the families that same day.
- In addition there will be collection containers for individual food donations located at the Administration Office and the Recreation Center beginning on December 1st. These will remain at these locations until noon on December 16h.
Sign-ups will continue at the Recreation Center Activity Desk, during normal business hours through Monday, December 11th or until all turkeys, dinners and gifts have been selected.